Chinese Bridge Summer Camp
2016 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp is fast approaching!
The Chinese Bridge Summer Camp application for students ages 14-18 is coming soon. Interested parents and students from Nebraska may email Lei Shi at email@example.com to find out more information.
The 2016 Chinese Bridge-Summer Camp for U.S. High School Students will be held in China in July. This year, the Hanban headquarters would like to invite 800 American high school students and chaperones to participate in the summer camp and will open 10-30 places at each Confucius Institute/Classroom (student-chaperon ratio is about 10:1).
During the summer camp, students will travel in groups to various provinces or cities to experience Chinese language classes and Chinese culture. The headquarters will be responsible for their costs in China including food, accommodations and group activities. Students and chaperones will be responsible for international travel fees, international insurance, visa application fees and so on. All students and chaperones should meet the following criteria:
Students must be:
1. American citizen;
2. High school students; age between 14 and 18; grades from 9 to 12;
3. Non-Chinese learning background and less than three years of Chinese learning experience;
4. Have great interests in Chinese language and culture;
5. Healthy enough for international travel.
1. Respect and understand Chinese culture;
2. Good at communication and adaptable to new environments;
3. Have K-12 teaching experience;
4. Highly skilled in student management;
5. Healthy enough for international travel;
6. Under 50 years old.
Chaperones also need to perform the following duties:
1. Assist Confucius Institutes/Classrooms in pre-departure training for students;
2. Participate in all summer camp activities with students and comply with requirements;
3. Take the primary responsibility for the safety of students during summer camp;
4. Help students adapt to a new environment and provide guidance for them;
5. Accompany students in emergency situations and provide help to contact their families;
6. Collect students’ feedback and hand in reports to Confucius Institutes/Classrooms.
The Confucius Institute at UNL will start recruitment soon for students throughout the state of Nebraska. Applicants should send completed application forms, recommendations, CVs, student acknowledgement and a $50 deposit check (non-refundable if application is approved) to:
UNL Confucius Institute
PO Box 880542
Lincoln NE 68588-0542
If you have further questions, please contact Lei Shi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-5360.